are you up for the challenge?
We know you better than you know yourself! What's been missing in your life is the challenge and rewards that flying brings.
Our pilots tend to be one of the following:
- The Adventurer - You want to be challenged and fly fast. If there's a record you'd like to smash it. Yet at the same time you don't want to look like a dork and you don't want to miss out on a super cool sport like our flying.
- The Record & Rule breaker - You want to squeeze your adrenal glands and get your heart pumping, a little bit of excitement goes a long way and you wouldn't mind filming your exploits. At the same time you want it now and not have to spend 6 months having to learn how to do it.
- The Professor - You want to know how you can defy gravity and how thermals can actually lift you and all your gear up into the sky at a rate of 5 metres per second. You want to navigate the sky and find all the facts and stats to show you how to do it.
- The Life Changer - You've wanted to have a break from that nagging partner or that tiresome job and now you've got your chance. A bunch of new buddies to share challenge you and share in your new adventures and triumphs.
- The Dreamer - You've always dreamt of touching the clouds and now you can actually do it. You've seen birds flying endlessly across the sky on a journey to who knows where, and now you too can fly cross country. First a few kilometres, then 20, 50, 100 and maybe even 200km and beyond.
The rewards of flying are colossal. They include:
- Flying like a bird - Nothing compares to feeling the wind on your face, and nothing but air all around you
- Freedom - the ability to escape the clutches of day to day life
- Fresh perspective - A perspective that very few people get to see, looking down from 10,000ft is pretty special
- Euphoria that comes from the wind on your face, the G forces on your body and excitement of speed and height
- Challenge - learning new skills from ground handling, thermalling, acrobatics and cross country flying there's a challenge for everyone.
- Wingmen - A flight shared with another is never forgotten and a friendship forged like no other
the consequences of not flying
Sure you can choose to walk away from the chance to fly but that comes at a cost. They include:
- Always looking at the clouds wondering what it would be like
- Staying in the same life routine that isn't fulfilling
- Watching reality TV shows as a weak substitution for not doing something exciting in your life
- Not challenging yourself to a new physical and mental level of success
- Never experiencing one of the most exhilarating experiences on the planet
- Failing to connect with one of natures most amazing elements air, wind and sunshine.
the next step
If you're ready to fly you might be wondering of where can you do it, who can teach you, how much it will cost, how long it will take and a stack of other questions. To start your journey now it's worth looking at both the learn to fly section and the flying clubs section.
The flying clubs page will tell you all about the clubs we have across NSW and will help you to work out who to fly with and what sites to fly, while the learn to fly page will give you a list of all our current flying instructors around NSW who will be able to give you your wings. Later on as you get qualified and start flying our flying site pages will also reveal where you can fly around NSW. You may also want to come back to look at our funding pages which have guidelines on how to acquire funding for pilot improvement course, competition funding and funding to improve existing sites and funs to develop new flying sites.