Please read this atached PDF for the details of NWHPA financial policy.
NSW HANG GLIDING AND PARAGLIDING ASSOCIATION FINANCIAL POLICY
Following closely the objects as stated in the foundation documents of the Association in 1986,
the funds of the Association may be used:
The funds may not be used:
- to foster and engender safety in the flying sports that the NSWHPA administers,
- to promote the Associations’s flying sports in NSW and elsewhere,
- to obtain and maintain flying sites in NSW,
- to develop NSW pilots’ flying skills and appropriate attitudes to flying,
- to foster a team spirit between pilots within and among affiliated Clubs,
- to encourage flying competitions,
- to facilitate interaction with other similar flying organizations and relevant administrative or regulatory bodies,
- to support other sporting groups or associations on dissolution of this Association.
- to provide economic gain to any member during this Association’s operation or at the time of its dissolution except for payment of services or expenses.
- Minimise the cost of personnel. Volunteer time should be used wherever possible and personnel should only be funded if it is impossible or unreasonable for someone to do the job for free.
- Pilots obtaining endorsements should pay for them in part or in full. For events with interstate participants, the organisers should seek funding also from other State Associations.
- Guidelines or a standard form should be developed by the Association to obtain clear applications for funding from applicants.
1. Supporting the proper function of the Association.
2. Site maintenance and development
3. Liaison with government- and other relevant organisations to the Association
4. Pilot training in safety and care for other pilots
5. Pilot training in flying skills
6. Supporting competitions
7. Fostering communication between pilots, clubs, the and the Association executive
8. Promoting of and creating goodwill for the sports of the Association
If your Club needs help funding a project you should also consider applying for additional government funding. The NSW Department of the Arts, Sport and Recreation have several Grants available both to local Clubs and the NSW State Association. Full details of these grants can be found on the Departments website.
The grants from NSW Department of Sport and Recreation require 50% of the funding to be provided by the applicant. This is where the NSWHPA can help Clubs if they cannot raise funds themselves. It is worthwhile applying for these grants as approximately 65% of eligible applications are assisted. An important point for eligibility, projects must be publicly accessible. Therefore, members only and private projects are less likely to be successful.
Do you know of any other sources of funding or grants. Why not share it with the rest of the NSW clubs by